Ep-pauling!

Image

Egad, bad pun and bad planning!  This, I might be able to blame on the kittens, because it definitely looks like something without opposable thumbs tried to shove these through a sewing machine and that’s what came out.

But perhaps I should back up and start from the beginning.  I’m in the middle of working on this jacket which calls for these epaulets.  This was the first set I made and unfortunately got all the way to hammering in the snaps before I realized how totally out of whack they were and decided to start over.  With the second pair I decided maybe having the sewing line marked would help and created a little template from the pattern to use:

DSCN2232

I actually just pinned it on the tabs and sewed around it to make sure both were uniform.  The result was much better! Imagine that.  Unfortunately I don’t have pictures of the 2nd pair of tabs separately, but here’s the jacket so far

DSCN2267

(Those little green threads are tailor’s tacks.  First time using tailor’s tacks and boy what a pain, but SOOO worth it.)

DSCN2268

Now on to getting those sleeves squeezed in…